Colleges and Divisions Within the University
There are four Colleges within the University. Each College offers a number of divisions representing different categories of classes.
College of Arts - These divisions follow the same guidelines as the Outlands Kingdom A&S categories. http://kmoas.outlands.org/Default.aspx?tabid=620
- Visual Arts - Paint and Ink
- Fiber Arts - Fiber Arts, Costuming
- Domestic Arts - Brewing and Beverage, Cooking, Flora and Fauna
- Performing Arts - Performing Arts, Letters
- Sciences - Sciences
- Functional Arts - Metal, Leather, Earthenware, Stone, Glass, Wood
College of Martial Arts - Fighting styles, weapons, armor, etc.
- Heavy Weapons
- Light Weapons
- Thrown Weapons
- Field Arts - Marshaling, field heraldry, lists, tactics, etc.
College of History - "In persona" classes may also qualify here, as they reflect the mindset and background of a person in a historic time period.
- 1100-1200 (12th c)
- 1200-1300 (13th c)
- 1300-1400 (14th c)
- 1400-1500 (15th c)
- 1500-1600 (16th c)
College of SCA Studies - Classes about how the SCA works and how we make things happen.
- Offices and Administration
- Event Management - Event stewardship, feast planning, etc.
- SCA Life - Writing A&S documentation, preparing for War, etc.
- Period Living - Persona development, period encampments, etc.
- SCA History and Interkingdom Anthropology
An individual class might readily qualify under two or more Colleges or Divisions. For example, a class on "Field Heraldry" could as easily qualify for Martial Arts/Field Arts as SCA Studies/Heraldry. However, a class on "The Construction of a 15th Century Houppelande" would only qualify for History/1400-1500 if the class included a substantial amount of the history and culture that surrounded the garment.
The ROIU is not currently accepting online classes. However, SCA Corporate is exploring how to make them available for A&S activities. Should this investigation prove fruitful, online classes may be considered for inclusion in the ROIU.